Tuesday, 18 November 2014

"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

Parenting is by far and away the most challenging job I've ever had (and continues to be). The past year in particular has been the toughest in my life to date. The toughest, most challenging and the most rewarding and I'm so thankful for the experience

At school pickup time for my son yesterday, there was a produce table selling various herbs and a big bunch of daisies for $2. My son, after shaking his teacher's hand goodbye, went past the table and picked up the flowers.

"Mum, Mum can we get these?!!!"  asking excitedly
"Sure, no problem, let's get some money from the car" 



















Takes me back to my favourite movie of all
times "You've Got Mail" 

I realised at the car that all my money had been put into the play cash register at home by my daughter. He was insistent that we give the $2 today. So I continued the search. Thankfully, I found a loose coin amongst all those other things that live in the bottom of my Mary Poppins handbag, I handed it over and watched him run speedily back down to his teacher holding the flowers upright lest they get damaged. 

"Here's the money for the flowers!!!" and proudly, (loudly) and responsibly hands the coin over.

It was the sweetest sight to see. My eyes welled up. He was so happy. I was so happy. He was so delighted with his purchase. He tells me he bought them for him and his little brother to share. And here they are on our porch in an appropriate jug. This was one of those moments to savour. A simple everyday gesture that made forget the stresses around me and smile. A big broad smile.

And there was something for me too. I found an hand made envelope in his back-pack.










"What's this ?" I asked him. 

"Oh, that's for you Mum, I forgot to say good-bye to you today, so I wrote you a note". 

This is the first note he's written to me and I wanted to share it because it Made My Day.

It's the little things that mean the most.




























Title quote taken from "You've Got Mail"

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable!! There's so much innocent thoughtfulness behind his gestures of great love, that came so naturally xxx love, Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...