Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Poetry: The Train by A A Milne

Following this post, I was reminded by a dear reader of the above poem which I loved as a child and would have certainly learnt at drama. The rhythm is great and just what they love. We are working on getting faster without twisting our tongues too much, thank you -- it's perfect for us right now!


The Train by A A Milne

Let it rain, who cares?
I've a train - upstairs,
With a brake that I make from a string sorta thing -
Which works in jerks, 
'Cause it drops in the spring and it stops with the string, 
And the wheels all stick so quick that it feels
Like a thing that I make with a brake, not string.

Let it rain, who cares?
I've a train - upstairs,
With a brake that I make from a string sorta thing -
Which works in jerks, 
'Cause it drops in the spring and it stops with the string,
And that's what I make when the day's all wet, 
It's a good sort of brake, but it hasn't worked yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...