Looking for something quick, easy and delicious to have for breakfast?
French Toast is a perfect option and very versatile!
dash of milk
4 slices of bread
1. Whisk eggs and milk together.
2. Dip bread in and turn over, place on plate ready for cooking. Repeat with remaining bread and place on stack.
3. Heat small frypan and melt a knob of butter.
4. Add a slice of bread to pan and turn once browned, removing once second side is browned.
5. Add you choice of seasoning or topping!
Savoury - crushed salt flakes and freshly cracked pepper (my favourite!); bacon on the side; dried or fresh thyme added to the egg mixture; ...
Sweet - maple syrup; maple syrup and bacon; fresh berries with maple syrup or honey drizzled on top; dusting of icing sugar; honey; adding sweet spices to the egg mixture and top with caster sugar ... it's totally up to you!
This is perfect for lunch or afternoon tea and a great, easy way to use up the dry bread.
Also, speaking from a mother's perspective - super quick to feed hungry mouths in a hurry and an opportunity for little ones to help too!