Thursday, 2 May 2013

'Shops'

I have a drawer in the kitchen. It's where the potatoes go. It is also where all the empty boxes go. 

You'll find various pastas, cereals, biscuits, plastic fruit containers, toothpaste boxes... anything that could be used for our 'shop'. 

The first time the children played 'shops' we had a basket of toilet rolls as 'dinner rolls'. Long rolls from the cling wrap and foil were baguettes, wholemeal loaves or for the sweeter option, cinnamon buns. We had coffees, lattes, baby-cinos using the take away trays for multiple orders. Hair care was also there, shampoo, conditioner and gel. Soap boxes too.

Paying with card? We have an eftpos machine. Credit, savings or cheque? Sign or pin?  

I could even have a shopping list collected for me while I waited on the couch. The items would then be arranged into various paper bags, and if I needed help, the shop keeper and his assistant would pack them into my couch, which had been since been converted into a car. Such service. Isadore Sharp would be impressed! 

I'm not sure who enjoyed it more - me or the children. Just so delightful. 

We are collecting again for our next 'pop-up' shop. 

Will you have your loyalty card with you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...