Saturday, 27 April 2013

Mandarins. The season has arrived!

The perfect snack. 

I ate countless mandarins through out the night when I was pregnant with my son. I had a little pile that would sit on my bedside table. My husband would hear the sound of the peeling, the citrus smell and then munch munch .. and they were gone.

It's little wonder my son loves them!

We prefer the Imperial variety as the softer skin is easier for little fingers to manipulate. 

A great activity in itself. First selecting the fruit, collecting containers, removing the peel and then separating the fruit into segments. 

Providing opportunities for independence, concentration, fine motor skills and sorting all in one!

Enjoy the season! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...